Airline Recruitment Criteria
Lanseria Flight Centre has graduates flying with the world’s major airlines and most airlines throughout Africa. Lanseria Flight Centre provides professional flight training and advice on how to plan a career in aviation. Here is a breakdown of the airline recruitment criteria of some major airlines:
South African Airways
In order to qualify, applicants must be :-
- South African citizens,
- matriculated, with a pass in Mathematics or Physical Science
- in possession of a valid SA Commercial Pilot’s Licence or higher with an Instrument Rating Endorsement
- a valid Class 1 medical.
- All applicants should have at least 1,000 hours experience which should include at least 220 hours experience on multi-engine aircraft.
Requirements for Position of First Officer - A330/A340 and B777
- A minimum of 4000 hours total flying time.
- A minimum of 2000 hours multi-crew, multi-engined jet aircraft experience.
- ICAO ATPL.
- English language fluency (written and verbal comprehension).
- Experience commensurate with age.
- Type rated would be advantageous.
Virgin Nigeria Airlines
Requirements for Position of First Officer – B737
Responsible to the Captain. You will be expected to operate to the same standards and ability of the captain. We are recruiting future captains and you must be able to demonstrate good command and leadership skills with your already proven flying skills. Essence includes:
- A total of 3,000 hours flying experience of which 1,000 hours has jet time
- Demonstrate sound technical skills, leadership qualities and command potential
- Strong leadership and flight deck management skills
- Good CRM skills
Cathay Pacific Airlines
All First Officer applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- An ICAO Airline Transport Pilot's License (ATPL)
- A minimum of 1000 hours in one of the following categories:
- Airline Jet Transport
- Command Turbo Prop (MAUW greater than 20,000 Kgs)
- High Performance Military Jet
- Corporate Jet Command
- A current Class One Medical
- Fluent spoken & written English
- Experience commensurate with age
- An applicant must possess the right to live and work in the chosen Base Area.